Canada is a multi-dimensional country loved for its slick and sophisticated cities like Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal that exude a cool and friendly vibe whilst its stunning natural landscapes and wildlife attract millions of visitors each year. From polar bears, grizzly bears, friendly moose and breaching whales, you’ll want to strap on your snowboard or jump in your kayak and explore the exquisite beauty that surrounds you.
Throughout my trip I made many amazing friendships and bonds that ill keep for life. My exchange was definitely the most tough, fun and exciting thing I have ever done and it has given me so much more confidence and hunger for life and travel. I would definitely recommend an exchange to anyone who is thinking about studying abroad or travelling and doing their high school over there. It was just an amazing opportunity and I couldn't even begin to explain the things that I got out of it personally. Go do it, go apply, because it will honestly be one of the best things you'll ever do.
Georgia Bryers - Semester to Canada (Scholarship Winner)
|Short Programs||Long Programs||Language Criteria||Immunisation||Gap Year||Online Video||Scholarships||Discounts|
|Short Programs✔||Long Programs✔||Language Criteria✔||Immunisation✔||Gap Year✔||Online Video||Scholarships✔||Discounts✔|
Hybrid Program Prices
The Hybrid program allows students to select their school district. Please click here to view a list of available school districts.
Preference for a specific school or town/city within the school district may be requested, however specific town/city placements within the school district cannot be guaranteed, as placement is based on host family availability and student/family personality matching.
Please find the Hybrid program prices below.
Next available departures for Canada
|Length||Departure||Fee||Application deadline||Early Bird deadline||Scholarship deadline|
|Length3 months||DepartureSep 2019||FeeAU $10800||Application deadline10/05/2019||Early Bird deadline31/10/2018|
|Length2 months||DepartureNov 2019||FeeAU $10400||Application deadline15/08/2019||Early Bird deadline31/03/2019|
|Length3 months||DepartureNov 2019||FeeAU $10800||Application deadline15/08/2019||Early Bird deadline31/03/2019|
|Length3 months||DepartureJan 2020||FeeAU $10800||Application deadline09/09/2019||Early Bird deadline31/03/2019|
|Length5 months||DepartureJan 2020||FeeAU $15850||Application deadline02/09/2019||Early Bird deadline31/03/2019||Scholarship deadline31/03/2019|
|Length2 months||DepartureMar 2020||FeeAU $10400||Application deadline09/02/2020||Early Bird deadline31/10/2019|
|Length3 months||DepartureMar 2020||FeeAU $10800||Application deadline09/02/2020||Early Bird deadline31/10/2019|
|Length2 months||DepartureApr 2020||FeeAU $TBC||Application deadline16/02/2020||Early Bird deadline31/10/2019|
|Length3 months||DepartureApr 2020||FeeAU $TBC||Application deadline16/02/2020||Early Bird deadline31/10/2019|
|Length5 months||DepartureAug 2020||FeeAU $TBC||Application deadline26/03/2020||Early Bird deadline31/10/2019||Scholarship deadline31/10/2019|
|Length3 months||DepartureSep 2020||FeeAU $TBC||Application deadline10/05/2020||Early Bird deadline31/10/2019|
|Length2 months||DepartureNov 2020||FeeAU $TBC||Application deadline15/08/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020|
|Length3 months||DepartureNov 2020||FeeAU $TBC||Application deadline15/08/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020|
|Length3 months||DepartureJan 2021||FeeAU $TBC||Application deadline09/09/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020|
|Length5 months||DepartureJan 2021||FeeAU $TBC||Application deadline02/09/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020||Scholarship deadline31/03/2020|
|Length2 months||DepartureMar 2021||FeeAU $TBC||Application deadline09/02/2021||Early Bird deadline31/10/2020|
|Length3 months||DepartureMar 2021||FeeAU $TBC||Application deadline09/02/2021||Early Bird deadline31/10/2020|
Important Program Information
Please note that
- For students interested in the Year programs, the only option currently available is the Canada High School Choice program. Details shown below.
Please note that our 2019 & January 2020 standard short & semester programs to Canada are now full.We still have places available on our Hybrid program, please refer to the prices listed above.
- Please scroll below or contact us if you would like to find out more about our new Canada High School Choice program or click here to view other destinations available.
- Students must be at least 14 years of age, but not more than 18 years when their program starts.
- Students interested in French speaking Canada are only eligible to apply for the 5 month program.
- There are strict language requirements for students applying for French speaking Canada. Students applying for French speaking Canada will need to have completed at least 2 years of continuous language studies prior to departure. Students will also need to undergo an interview in French, with our overseas partner.
- Click here to view the list of the compulsory vaccines and required number of doses for students applying for Canada (i.e. unless the applicant has already had the illness).
- Optional Program Extras are available. Please contact our office for further information.
- Arrival orientation held in Toronto at an additional cost for January and August arrivals.
- Included - Local orientation with the Coordinator after arrival into exchange location.
- Students could be requested to depart up to 3 weeks around our set program dates. Program dates are dependent upon the district that you are placed in. We will confirm your program dates well in advance to avoid any confusion or disruption.
The 2WayExchange Experience involves you in a unique exchange program where students from Australia and New Zealand are ‘matched’, with a student in either France, Canada, Italy or Spain. You choose which country and spend 3 months with each other’s families and attend school. It amounts to twice the experience and at a fraction of the usual cost of a 3 month exchange program. Click here to find out more.
Canada High School Choice Program
Pick the school you would like to study at during your exchange
Students who are looking to go on exchange to Canada have the option to apply for a semester or academic year program and choose from a range of regions, school districts and schools in Canada.
Students can fully participate in athletics, clubs and other extracurricular activities whilst on exchange.
International students in Canada are eligible to earn a diploma, as long as they meet graduation requirements for the high school they are attending.
With the High School Choice programs you can customise your study abroad by choosing:
- Your destination
- A lifestyle you love – a school in a big city, near the beach, close to the mountains, warm weather all year round and more!
- How long to study – international students can study at a public school for a year, semester or even a short term program!
- A school based on a sport you love or want to try
- A school based on a unique art program – like multimedia, acting, dance, journalism, architecture, music and more
See above for our standard Canada Exchange Program.
Schools in Canada
In high schools, hours are usually from 8.30am until 2.30pm. Extracurricular activities and sports are scheduled after school hours. Lessons in public schools are held from Mondays to Fridays and there are no lessons on Saturdays or Sundays.
Age and Eligibility
To be eligible for an exchange to Canada you must be between the ages of 14 and 18 and be enrolled at school when applying. Gap year students are eligible and need to depart no more than 3 months after completing their final year. Canada applicants must also be younger than 18 and 8 months whilst on the program. There are no formal language requirements for Canada.
You will travel on a student visa and will need to lodge your application in person at the Canadian Consulate serving your area. We will help you prepare your application.