Who hasn't heard of Amsterdam, the capital of culture, coffee houses and canals? Its mesmerising beauty is hard to overestimate, and yet a surfeit of stunning metropoles are only hours, or even minutes, away by train. The Netherlands borders on over-achievement. Its bucolic splendour of national parks and sheep-patrolled polders is perfectly complemented by shimmering lakes, sandy coastlines, and a chain of windswept islands. Best of all, it can all be seen from a bicycle seat.
I had what was no doubt “the experience of a lifetime”! I learnt Dutch to an almost fluent level, made many close friends and had the opportunity to travel to Norway, Sweden, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium and Spain. I spent my 18th birthday in Paris. The 5.5 months absolutely flew by. School was great. It gave me the opportunity to quickly learn Dutch, make friends and also to travel. My host family and I were a perfect match from day one.
Andrew Sward – Semester to The Netherlands
Next available departures for Netherlands
|Length||Departure||Fee||Application deadline||Early Bird deadline||Scholarship deadline|
|LengthSemester||DepartureAug 2024||FeeAU $13950||Application deadline01/03/2024||Early Bird deadline31/10/2023||Scholarship deadline31/10/2023|
|LengthAcademic Year||DepartureAug 2024||FeeAU $14950||Application deadline01/03/2024||Early Bird deadline31/10/2023||Scholarship deadline31/10/2023|
|Length3 months||DepartureOct 2024||FeeAU $10950||Application deadline01/07/2024||Early Bird deadline31/10/2023|
|Length3 months||DepartureNov 2024||FeeAU $9950||Application deadline01/08/2024||Early Bird deadline31/10/2023|
|LengthAcademic Year||DepartureJan 2025||FeeAU $14950||Application deadline01/08/2024||Early Bird deadline31/03/2024||Scholarship deadline31/03/2024|
|LengthSemester||DepartureJan 2025||FeeAU $13950||Application deadline01/08/2024||Early Bird deadline31/03/2024||Scholarship deadline31/03/2024|
Important Program Information
Please note that
- In addition to the completed application form, applicants need to provide a photo of themselves without being recognisable i.e.: participating in an activity showing a profile shot only along with a short video of you, in which you tell a bit about yourself, it doesn't need to take long, just enough to get a good first impression of you.
- On arrival students are required to attend a mandatory Orientation - 6 days for long programs and 4 days for short programs, included in your program fee. For more information on the fun packed week contact our office. Please click here for an example of the Arrival Orientation agenda.
- Students applying for the Semester and Year programs will have access to a bike free of charge for the entire program length.
- All students arriving in the Netherlands starting August will receive a free Museum Card. It will give students free access to every single Dutch museum, from the Van Gogh museum to the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, and from the Open air museum in Arnhem to the South Sea museum in Enkhuizen, during their entire exchange.
Find out more - Attend one of our Info Sessions
If you would like to find out more information on our programs, please attend one of our free LIVE Online sessions.
- Meet our staff
- Hear comprehensive information on all aspects of exchange
- Ask questions
- Listen to questions asked by other students and parents
- Meet other students who are considering going on exchange
Information evenings run for about an hour. They are friendly and free and are the best way for us to address your specific questions in person.