The midnight sun, the snowbound winters, meatballs, herring, Vikings and Volvos, ABBA and the Hives - whatever your pre-existing notions about Sweden may be, a visit to this multifaceted country is bound to both confirm and confound them. Though you’re unlikely to be greeted at the shore by throngs of mead-swilling berserkers in longships, evidence of the Vikings and their pillaging days is easy to find.
Going on Student exchange has introduced me to people from all over the world. In the five months I have been here I have made some good friends whom I feel I will remain in-contact with long after my exchange program finishes. It has also opened my eyes to the possibilities of different career paths and occupations overseas rather than what is just offered in my own country.
Charles Drinan – Year program to Sweden
|Short Programs||Long Programs||Language Criteria||Immunisation||Gap Year||Online Video||Scholarships||Discounts|
|Short Programs✔||Long Programs✔||Language Criteria||Immunisation||Gap Year✔||Online Video✔||Scholarships✔||Discounts✔|
Next available departures for Sweden
|Length||Departure||Fee||Application deadline||Early Bird deadline||Scholarship deadline|
|Length3 months||DepartureOct 2022||FeeAU $8700||Application deadline14/07/2022||Early Bird deadline31/03/2022|
|Length2 months||DepartureNov 2022||FeeAU $8300||Application deadline08/09/2022||Early Bird deadline31/03/2022|
|LengthSemester||DepartureJan 2023||FeeAU $10900||Application deadline10/09/2022||Early Bird deadline31/03/2022||Scholarship deadline31/03/2022|
|LengthAcademic Year||DepartureJan 2023||FeeAU $11900||Application deadline10/09/2022||Early Bird deadline31/03/2022||Scholarship deadline31/03/2022|
Important Program Information
Please note that
- Optional Program Extras are available. These include sightseeing trips. Please contact our office for further information.
- Arrival orientation held in Copenhagen at an additional cost for January and August arrivals.
- Included - Local orientation with the Coordinator after arrival into exchange location.
Apply Risk Free!
If you choose to enrol on one of our outbound programs but you cannot travel due to DFAT travel bans and the borders being closed, then you will only forfeit your $150 deposit. Plus you will receive the money refunded within 90 days. If you decide to cancel due to other reasons then the normal cancellation terms and conditions apply.
To be eligible for an exchange to Sweden you must be aged as detailed below.
- For August arrival: students must be 16-18 years old in the calendar year of commencement and if they turn 19 on the calendar year of arrival they are too old for our program.
- For January arrival: students must be 17-19 years old in the calendar year of commencement and if they turn 20 on the calendar year of arrival they are too old.
Find out more - Attend one of our Info Sessions
If you would like to find out more information on our programs, please attend one of our free LIVE Online sessions.
- Meet our staff
- Hear comprehensive information on all aspects of exchange
- Ask questions
- Listen to questions asked by other students and parents
- Meet other students who are considering going on exchange
Information evenings run for about an hour. They are friendly and free and are the best way for us to address your specific questions in person.