The Program Management fee is charged in AUD from Student Exchange Australia New Zealand.
School and Accommodation Fee will all be invoiced directly from Canada, in Canadian Dollars.
Please note that our Scholarships & Discounts are not available on the High School Choice Programs.
Available School Districts
Please see a selection of High School Districts available with Student Exchange Australia New Zealand. These High School Choice schools and fees are subject to availability and change but indicative fees available at the time of publishing.
|SCHOOL / DISTRICT||PROVINCE||REGION||SCHOOL & ACCOM FEE – YEAR (CAD)||SCHOOL & ACCOM FEE – SEMESTER (CAD)||PROGRAM MANAGEMENT FEE – SEMESTER OR YEAR (AUD)|
|Livingstone Range District||Alberta||Greater Calgary Region||$20,850||$10,675||$5,995|
|Medicine Hat School District||Alberta||Greater Calgary Region||$20,600||$10,625||$5,995|
|Burnaby School District||British Columbia||Greater Vancouver||$31,725||$16,600||$5,995|
|Pacific Rim||British Columbia||Vancouver Island||$26,550||$14,150||$5,995|
|Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows District||British Columbia||Greater Vancouver Region||$26,800||$13,700||$5,995|
|Gulf Islands School District||British Columbia||Islands between Vancouver and Vancouver Island||$26,400||$13,500||$5,995|
|Qualicum School District||British Columbia||Vancouver Islands||$25,450||$12,975||$5,995|
|Newfoundland and Labrador – International Student Education Program||Newfoundland||St John’s||$19,775||$10,225||$5,995|
|Nova Scotia School Board||Nova Scotia||Atlantic||$19,775||$10,300||$5,995|
|Upper Canada School District)||Ontario||Eastern Ontario||$26,450||$13,925||$5,995|
School and Accommodation Fees
The program fees vary depending on the district/school that a student chooses. 100% of the School and Accommodation Fee (inc. Application and Insurance fee) will be invoiced when the school placement is completed. The School & Accommodation fees will be invoiced to you directly from Canada. This invoice needs to be paid in Canadian dollars.
Program Management Fee
Each student application on High School Choice programs incur a AU$5,995 Program Management Fee, regardless of the program length. 100% of the balance of the Program Management Fee is invoiced once the applicant is formally accepted onto the program. If you would like to find out more about our Canada High School Choice Program, please book a chat form or contact our Program Coordinator on 1300 135 331 (in Australia) or 0800 440 079 (in New Zealand).
- Our administrative costs
- Return economy airfare with recognised airlines from your nearest capital city. Please note, a flight surcharge may apply if the flight cost is beyond the budgeted amount of AU$3,000
- Travel to and from your host family
- Comprehensive medical, baggage, trip cancellation insurance & personal liability
- Professional support throughout your application and program
- Assistance with your visa application (you must pay the visa application fee)
- Host family screening and selection
- Enrolment at your host school
- Pre-departure orientation and materials, including parent and student handbooks
- Safety information that lists contact details for our office staff, local coordinator, host family, regulating authority and overseas partner. These cards also contain the 24/7 emergency phone numbers.
- Arrival orientation and materials in your host country. All students are collected on arrival in their host community by their host family or a representative of our overseas partner.
- 24 hour emergency assistance
- Welcome home pack
What’s not included?
- Fees charged by the school to all students such as locker fee, sports fees, school book costs, etc. Such fees are typically charged directly by school after program start. Any additional fees will be invoiced to you directly from Canada, in Canadian Dollars. Applicants can extend their program for a maximum of 4 years, depending on the school.
- Student spending money for personal purchases
- Passport and visa costs – individual students are responsible for the cost of passport and visa application. Details are available from our office
- Your host family will provide you with food and accommodation. However, you will need to take some extra spending money for some of life’s little extras. Students are provided with breakfast and dinner. Students may bring lunches from home to eat at school, but are otherwise responsible for buying their own school lunches if they prefer to eat from the school cafeteria.
- Make sure you have enough for any purchases you may need including personal items, mobile/wifi charges, text books, school uniforms, gifts for family and friends and any optional excursions you may take during your time away. If you need assistance determining how much money to take with you, call us. Our staff will be able to help you.
Terms & Conditions
Fees are accurate at the time of publication and are subject to change. Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Terms & Conditions apply in addition to the chosen school Terms & Conditions. Please see our Cancellations for further information.
Please note: Student Exchange reserves the right to make adjustments to Program Fees should circumstances beyond Student Exchange’s control warrant such a change. Student Exchange also reserves the right to change or alter travel plans, program dates, program components or other arrangements including cancellations of programs or groups. Late applications may be considered. Some program destinations are subject to availability.
Locations available in Canada
Alberta is also renowned for its diverse outdoor recreational opportunities, including national parks, hiking trails, and winter sports, making it a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers.Learn more
British Columbia, Canada’s westernmost province, is celebrated for its breathtaking coastal scenery, lush rainforests, majestic mountains, and vibrant cultural diversity.Learn more
Newfoundland, Canada’s easternmost province, is characterized by its rugged coastal beauty, rich maritime heritage, and unique blend of Irish and English cultural influences.Learn more
Nova Scotia, located on Canada’s Atlantic coast, is famous for its historic maritime towns, picturesque coastline, vibrant folk music traditions, and delicious seafood cuisine.Learn more
Please follow our socials
Ready to apply?
Book a chat with our team
"*" indicates required fields
LIVE Online Info Sessions
Please register here to learn more about Student ExchangeLearn more
Interested in hosting?
You can get involved by hosting an exchange studentLearn more
Classic High School Programs
Traditional exchange programs in all destinationsLearn more
High School Choice Programs
Tailor your high school exchange in the USA or CanadaLearn more