Cancellation will only be accepted in writing and will be effective at the date received by Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd.
Provided all fees due up to the date of cancellation have been paid, refunds will be made in accordance with the following schedule:
- If a student is not accepted on to the program by Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd - Full refund
- If a student is not accepted by the overseas partner - Full refund
- If Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd cancels a program at any time prior to departure - Full refund
- If a student withdraws from the program:
- Before interview - Full refund less $250
- After interview but before formal acceptance - Full refund less $500
- After formal acceptance:
- 75 days or more prior to scheduled departure - Full refund less $1500
- Less than 75 days prior to scheduled departure - 50% of program fee
- Less than 14 days prior to scheduled departure - No refund
- Failure of student to depart on flight - No refund
- Student voluntarily leaves or is dismissed from program - No refund
- If a student has to return home after commencement of the program because of serious illness of the student or serious illness or death of a member of the immediate family $100 refund will be paid for each complete remaining month of the program.
Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to have the effect of contracting out of the provisions of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (if applicable).