Programs to Australia and New Zealand
Short Programs to Australia and New Zealand
6 week – 12 week (trimester) programs in Australia and New Zealand are created to give participants the opportunity to learn about Australian and New Zealand culture by actively participating in family, school and community life; and to help students, whose first language is not English, improve their written and oral English skills. The program is available in either Australia or New Zealand.
Australia is truly amazing, offering good weather virtually all year round in most of the country. Students will find some of the most amazing beaches, rainforests in a rich environment, so it is easy to understand why ‘down under’ attracts students from all over the world.
Turquoise waters, snowy mountains, spectacular volcanos, and green landscapes. New Zealand is a fascinating country with some of the most spectacular unspoilt scenery. The ‘Kiwi’ people are warm welcoming with a rich history. Wherever you go you will receive a friendly smile and a warm welcome. As a student, you will have so much to discover.
High School Life
As a student, you get the chance to experience high school life in a state or private school becoming an active member of your school or community. Students are placed across the county in both Australia and New Zealand. This is the perfect choice for students who long for a genuine study experience but only want to travel to 6-12 weeks. Although students cannot choose their own location, they will be placed looking at their personal interests. This could be in a bustling big city, charming coastal town, or on the countryside close to the nature. This is the program for students who are open-minded, and excited to try new things.
Staying with a host family
It does not matter if students choose Australia or New Zealand, they will be staying with a caring host family. Our carefully selected host family will introduce students to the local culture providing an insight into local life. All our families look different, some live in the city or on the countryside, others by the coast, some have children, some do not. What they all have in common is that they are excited about welcoming students into their home and to show how it is living as a true Aussie or Kiwi.
What is included in the program?
- Programs dates starting in January, April, June, and July.
- Students stay in volunteer host families abiding by the same criteria as stated in the Australian National Guidelines for student exchange or New Zealand’s code of practice.
- Attend local private, independent, or state schools across Australia or New Zealand
- Students must have an average ‘C’ grade
- Students must be 15 years old on arrival and no more than 18 years and nine months
- Full student Insurance is included
- Students cannot select a geographic area, or environment >
What is not included in the program?
- International and domestic flights
- Any applicable visa application fees
- Airport assistance upon departure
- School Levies which can be from $70-$150 per month >