Classic Exchange Programs
Australia & New Zealand
Students from all Australia or New Zealand have the opportunity to cross the ditch and experience life in our neighbouring country. Our 2-3 Months, Academic Semester (5 month) or Academic Year Programs (10 months) are created to give participants the opportunity to learn about Australian and New Zealand culture by actively participating in family, school and community life. Exchange students know that they will receive a world-class education all whilst gaining a unique insight into the diversity of Australian and New Zealand cultures.
Australia is a favourite destination for exchange students! Discover the Outback and surf the waves Down Under, where you’ll find sunshine, welcoming cities, and exciting sports all year round. Australian schools provide various options like Hospitality, Cooking, Outdoor Education, Dance, Drama, Art, Space Studies, Marine Biology, and Agriculture. It’s the dream of a lifetime!
Discover the remarkable diversity of geography and terrain on New Zealand’s North and South Islands, all within an hour’s reach! This welcoming country provides an eventful and thrilling high school experience in one of the world’s most beautiful locations.
High School life
International students studying at high schools in Australian or New Zealand are guaranteed to have a unique experience, full of exciting opportunities and unforgettable memories. As a semester or academic year student, you get the chance to experience high school life in a state school becoming an active member of your school or community.
Students are placed across the country in both Australia and New Zealand living a local immersion experience with a volunteer host family. Although students cannot choose their own location, they will be placed looking at their personal interests. This could be in a bustling big city, charming coastal town, or on the countryside close to the nature. This is the program for students who are open-minded, and excited to try new things. This program is limited to one academic year and is not advised as a preparation to attend university or college.
Staying with a host family
Whether students opt for Australia or New Zealand, their accommodation will be arranged with a compassionate host family. Our carefully chosen host families offer students an opportunity to immerse themselves in the local culture and gain insights into everyday life. Each of our families is unique, residing in diverse settings such as urban areas, countryside, or coastal regions. Some have children, while others do not. However, what unites them all is their enthusiasm to welcome students into their homes and provide an authentic experience of life as a teenager in Australia or New Zealand.
What is included in the program?
- Programs dates starting in January and July
- Students stay in volunteer host families abiding by the Australian National Guidelines for student exchange or New Zealand’s code of practice
- Attend a 3 night arrival orientation in Sydney or 2 nights in New Zealand
- Attend local state schools across Australia or New Zealand
- Students must have an average ‘C’ grade
- Students must be 15 years old on arrival and no more than 18 years and nine months
- Full student Insurance is included
What is not included in the program?
- International and domestic flights
- Any applicable visa application fees
- Airport assistance upon departure unless student(s) depart on official program departure dates
- All school expenses (that is: uniforms, textbooks, subject levies, fees, extra curricula activities and excursions, school transportation costs etc)
- Any costs associated with convalidation of school reports
- Students cannot select a geographic area, or environment
Deadlines for Applications
All applications will be considered for acceptance if received by our office on or before the dates that follow:
- January 31 for July arrival
- August 31 for January arrival
“DO EVERYTHING! Cop everything on the chin, and go in for everything you will be so happy and proud of yourself once you’re exchange is done.”