Programs to Australia and New Zealand
Classic Exchange Programs to Australia and New Zealand
Students from all around the world dream of studying at high school down Australia or New Zealand. Our Semester (5 month) or Academic Year Programs (10 months) are created to give participants the opportunity to learn about Australian and New Zealand culture by actively participating in family, school and community life; and to help students, whose first language is not English, improve their written and oral English skills. Whatever program country you choose, exchange students know that they will receive a world-class education all whilst gaining a unique insight into the diversity of Australian and New Zealand cultures.
Australia is truly amazing, offering good weather virtually all year round in most of the country. Students will find some of the most amazing beaches, rainforests in a rich environment, so it is easy to understand why ‘down under’ attracts students from all over the world.
Turquoise waters, snowy mountains, spectacular volcanos, and green landscapes. New Zealand is a fascinating country with some of the most spectacular unspoilt scenery. The ‘Kiwi’ people are warm welcoming with a rich history. Wherever you go you will receive a friendly smile and a warm welcome. As a student, you will have so much to discover.
High School Life
International students studying at high schools in Australian or New Zealand are guaranteed to have a unique experience, full of exciting opportunities and unforgettable memories. As a semester or academic year student, you get the chance to experience high school life in a state school becoming an active member of your school or community. Students are placed across the county in both Australia and New Zealand living a local immersion experience with a volunteer host family. Although students cannot choose their own location, they will be placed looking at their personal interests. This could be in a bustling big city, charming coastal town, or on the countryside close to the nature. This is the program for students who are open-minded, and excited to try new things. This program is limited to 1 year maximum and is not advised as a preparation to attend university or college.
Staying with a host family
It does not matter if students choose Australia or New Zealand, they will be staying with a caring host family. Our carefully selected host family will introduce students to the local culture providing an insight into local life. All our families look different, some live in the city or on the countryside, others by the coast, some have children, some do not. What they all have in common is that they are excited about welcoming students into their home and to show how it is living as a true Aussie or Kiwi.
What is included in the program?
- Programs dates starting in January and July
- Students stay in volunteer host families abiding by the Australian National Guidelines for student exchange or New Zealand’s code of practice
- Attend a 3 night arrival orientation in Sydney or 2 nights in New Zealand
- Attend local state schools across Australia or New Zealand
- Students must have an average ‘C’ grade
- Students must be 15 years old on arrival and no more than 18 years and nine months
- Full student Insurance is included >
What is not included in the program?
- International and domestic flights
- Any applicable visa application fees
- Airport assistance upon departure unless student(s) depart on official program departure dates
- All school expenses (that is: uniforms, textbooks, subject levies, fees, extra curricula activities and excursions, school transportation costs etc)
- Any costs associated with convalidation of school reports
- Students cannot select a geographic area, or environment >
All applications will be considered for acceptance if received by our office on or before the dates that follow:
- 31st January for July arrival
- 31st August for January arrival
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.