Your program fee covers all your dealings with us for the particular program you will be participating on, namely:
- Returned economy airfare with recognised airlines from your nearest capital city (if from Australia) or Auckland, Christchurch or Wellington (if from New Zealand) and all prepaid airport taxes.
- Travel to and from your host family at the beginning and end of the program. Please note that a flight surcharge may be applied to all applications. We reserve the right to increase the flight surcharge if, at the time of making flight bookings, airlines are charging a higher amount for flight prices. If there is no increase made to flight prices then we will not charge a flight surcharge.
- Full comprehensive medical, hospital, health, accident, baggage, cancellation, personal liability & travel insurance. Please be aware that full medical insurance is provided for all COVID pandemic related medical costs whilst on program but any other COVID specific related expenses including but not limited to early return or quarantine fees are not covered by this insurance policy. The policy can be viewed in full from the downloads page on our website.
- Application process and selection interview (in your home if possible).
- Assistance with your visa application (you must pay the visa application fee).
- Host family screening and selection.
- Enrolment at your host school.
- Online pre-departure orientation and materials, including parent and student handbooks. Overnight arrival orientations in the host country may be available at an additional cost.
- Access to 'My Exchange'- a personlised online resource and reporting centre packed with info to help you prepare and make the most of your exchange.
- Safety Card that lists contact details for our office staff, local coordinator, host family, regulating authority and overseas partner. These cards also contain the 24/7 emergency phone numbers.
- 24 hour emergency support.
- Professional support throughout your time away as necessary and required.
- Welcome home pack and post return assistance.
- Guaranteed country of choice.
- Accommodation, food (provided at the host family home) and lodging with a host family.
- Regular local coordinator contact and assistance including regular progress reports.
- SEANZ admin costs.
- Overseas partner admin costs.
- Opportunities to become a returned student advisor and membership to our returnee club. >
You can pick your preferred location or region in some countries for an additional fee. Application deadlines apply. There are also additional program extras available for some countries. Please follow this link and click on the destination you are interested in or contact us for details.
Flight Surcharge Policy
As per our terms and conditions, due to fluctuations in flight prices globally we have had to invoke ‘Flight Surcharges’ on all flights above the budgeted amounts below
Europe $2500 AUD
USA $3000 AUD
Japan $2000 AUD
Canada $3000 AUD
New Zealand $1200 AUD
South America $3000 AUD
FROM NEW ZEALAND
Europe $3000 NZD
USA $3500 NZD
Japan $2500 NZD
Canada $3250 NZD
Australia $1500 NZD
South America $3500 NZD
We are working with our flight partners to obtain the best flight (including price and route) but we may need to charge a flight surcharge if we cannot obtain a flight within the budget amounts above. Please be aware that we cannot accommodate personal requests in regards to changes to flights, times or dates, as flights will adhere to pre agreed programs dates and times, which can include departures from 7am – 10pm depending on the agreed arrival time at the final destination.
Take the risk out of the equation. We guarantee that once you have submitted your application and paid your $150 deposit the published price is protected from increase*. That means no nasty surprises in the event of currency fluctuations. *A flight surcharge may be applied to all applications departing after 5th May 2020.