Your program fee covers all your dealings with us for the particular program you will be participating on, namely:
- Returned economy airfare with recognised airlines from your nearest capital city (if from Australia) or Auckland, Christchurch or Wellington (if from New Zealand) and all prepaid airport taxes.
- Travel to and from your host family at the beginning and end of the program.
- Full comprehensive medical, hospital, health, accident, baggage, personal liability, trip cancellation & travel insurance*. The policy can be viewed in full from the downloads page on our website. No excess or deductions payable on all claims except electrical equipment such as laptops. *Insurance policies activated on or after the 2 March 2020 may not be covered for any travel claim in connection with the coronavirus where such a claim arises from travel to and/or from all other destinations (not including mainland China). AIG’s position remains applicable as long as the present circumstances prevail. Please check our news section for further information.
- Application process and selection interview (in your home if possible).
- Assistance with your visa application (you must pay the visa application fee).
- Host family screening and selection.
- Enrolment at your host school.
- Pre-departure orientation and materials, including parent and student handbooks.
- Access to 'My Exchange'- a personlised online resource and reporting centre packed with info to help you prepare and make the most of your exchange.
- Safety Card that lists contact details for our office staff, local coordinator, host family, regulating authority and overseas partner. These cards also contain the 24/7 emergency phone numbers.
- Assistance with airport check-in at the major hubs in Australia and New Zealand (if requested).
- Arrival orientation in your host country and materials (this can vary in length and style).
- 24 hour emergency support.
- Professional support throughout your time away as necessary and required.
- Welcome home pack and post return assistance.
- Guaranteed country of choice.
- Accommodation, food (provided at the host family home) and lodging with a host family.
- Regular local coordinator contact and assistance including regular progress reports.
- SEANZ admin costs.
- Overseas partner admin costs.
- Opportunities to become a returned student advisor and membership to our returnee club. >
You can pick your preferred location or region in some countries for an additional fee. Application deadlines apply. There are also additional program extras available for some countries. Please follow this link and click on the destination you are interested in or contact us for details.
Due to recent travel restrictions and the impact on the travel industry, a flight surcharge may be applied to all applications departing after 5th May 2020. We reserve the right to increase the flight surcharge if, at the time of making flight bookings, airlines are charging a higher amount for flight prices. If there is no increase made to flight prices then we will not charge a flight surcharge.
Take the risk out of the equation. We guarantee that once you have submitted your application and paid your $150 deposit the published price is protected from increase*. That means no nasty surprises in the event of currency fluctuations. *A flight surcharge may be applied to all applications departing after 5th May 2020.