United States of America
The playwright Arthur Miller once said that the essence of America was its promise. For newly arrived immigrants and jet-lagged travelers alike, that promise of America can take on near mythic proportions. America is a land of dazzling cities, towering coast redwoods, alpine lakes, rolling vineyards, chiseled peaks, barren deserts and a dramatic coastline of unrivaled beauty. And that’s just California!
My exchange was life altering. There were unbelievable highs – memories burnt into my brain forever. My schooling was a blast. So many friends, the cafeteria, the nickname inevitably was given – “Hey Australia!” I loved my host family and we still keep in touch, because we went through/experienced so much together. It was a journey of self-discovery.
Johnathan Porthill – Year program to the USA
|Short Programs||Long Programs||Language Criteria||Immunisation||Gap Year||Online Video||Scholarships||Discounts|
|Short Programs||Long Programs✔||Language Criteria||Immunisation✔||Gap Year||Online Video✔||Scholarships✔||Discounts✔|
The Give Back Exchange Fund
Schools can nominate up to 5 students to apply for a grant from the Give Back Exchange Fund
The Give Back Exchange Fund has been created with a desire to give back to the community and provide more opportunities for high school students to experience both sides of the exchange program, from living life abroad to welcoming an overseas student into their home.
The final deadlines for applications are listed below. There are a limited number of grants available, so don't leave asking your school for a nomination until the last minute.
- 1st March 2020 for August - September 2020 departures
- 1st September 2020 for January 2021 departures
Next available departures for USA
|Length||Departure||Fee||Application deadline||Early Bird deadline||Scholarship deadline|
|Length5 months||DepartureJan 2020||FeeAU $9950||Application deadline30/09/2019||Early Bird deadline31/03/2019||Scholarship deadline31/03/2019|
|Length10 months||DepartureJan 2020||FeeAU $10950||Application deadline30/09/2019||Early Bird deadline31/03/2019||Scholarship deadline31/03/2019|
|Length5 months||DepartureAug 2020||FeeAU $9950||Application deadline26/03/2020||Early Bird deadline31/10/2019||Scholarship deadline31/10/2019|
|Length10 months||DepartureAug 2020||FeeAU $10950||Application deadline26/03/2020||Early Bird deadline31/10/2019||Scholarship deadline31/10/2019|
|Length5 months||DepartureJan 2021||FeeAU $9950||Application deadline30/09/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020||Scholarship deadline31/03/2020|
|Length10 months||DepartureJan 2021||FeeAU $10950||Application deadline30/09/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020||Scholarship deadline31/03/2020|
USA Sponsored Spots Available - Save $2,000
January 2020 Semester Programs
We have a limited number of sponsored spots available that can save you $2,000 off your standard USA Semester program departing in January 2020. Our Semester programs to the USA are quite popular and the limited spaces available can fill up quickly.
To reserve your sponsored spot on the USA Semester program departing in January 2020 simply send us your completed application form by 30th September 2019.
Your reservation is subject to us receiving your deposit and your completed full student application by 30th September 2019. If your full application is not received by that time you will not be guaranteed a sponsored spot on the program.
It's not too late to apply for a Scholarship or Early Bird Discount and save $$ off the price of your exchange
If you are planning to go on exchange and want to reduce the price of your program, then we have some good news for you! The deadline for Scholarship & Early Bird Discount applications is Thursday 31st October 2019 for our standard programs departing between April – September 2020.
Simply fill out our Apply Online form, pay your $150 deposit and send us your signed terms and conditions by 11.59pm AEDT on Thursday 31st October 2019. You will then have until close of business on Thursday 14th November to complete your full application form. It's that simple and it will save you heaps.
Important Program Information
Please note that
- We can NOT offer 2 or 3 month programs to the USA due to visa restrictions. 2 & 3 month programs are available to Canada and other destinations. Click here to view the list of destinations.
- Students are eligible to go to the USA if they have NOT completed more than 11 years of primary and secondary study, exclusive of kindergarten.
- Students must be at least 15 years of age, but not more than 18 years and six months when their program starts.
- Students applying for the USA need to have school grades that are consistently above average.
- Any student who is currently in their final year of high school cannot apply for a January departure the following year. The USA does not accept recent graduates or GAP Year applicants.
- Students applying for the Year program departing in January of each will complete two Semesters with the USA summer break in the middle of their school year.
- Students applying for the Semester program will complete between 4 to 5 months based on the semester calendar of the school they are attending.
- There is a separate application form for the USA, including an online portion that can be accessed from our downloads page. Please contact us using the form below if you would like one posted out to you.
- Sevis fee of $250 is charged in addition to the program fee.
- We have a limited number of sponsored spots available that can save you $2,000 off your standard USA Semester program departing in January 2020. Our Semester programs to the USA are quite popular and the limited spaces available can fill up quickly. To reserve your sponsored spot on the USA Semester program departing in January 2020 simply send us your completed application form by 30th September 2019. Your reservation is subject to us receiving your deposit and your completed full student application by 30th September 2019. If your full application is not received by that time you will not be guaranteed a sponsored spot on the program.
Students applying for the USA have the option to pick the location they would like to live in during their exchange for August departures only. Students can select up to 3 locations.
Students will need to complete a separate form if they’d like to select their location/s. This form is then sent with the application form to our overseas partner. If applicants are successfully placed in one of their preferred locations, then an additional location fee will be applied to the normal program price.
Providing you meet our usual eligibility criteria, your placement on one of these limited spots will be confirmed when your application is received by our office, accepted and your deposit paid.
Location selection options are subject to availability and are not guaranteed. You can view the Location Options and applicable fees by clicking here or below.
USA High School Choice Program
Choose the school you would like to study at during your exchange
Students who are looking to go on exchange to the USA have the option to apply for a semester or academic year program and choose from a range of schools or school districts in the USA.
Our USA High School Choice program allows students to enter the USA on an F1 visa. In addition to choosing where they would like to study while on exchange, the F1 visa allows the applicant to attend school on a full academic program. This provides the opportunity to gain study credits and diplomas needed to attend a University in the USA.
See above for our standard USA Exchange Program (J1 visa).