United States of America
The playwright Arthur Miller once said that the essence of America was its promise. For newly arrived immigrants and jet-lagged travelers alike, that promise of America can take on near mythic proportions. America is a land of dazzling cities, towering coast redwoods, alpine lakes, rolling vineyards, chiseled peaks, barren deserts and a dramatic coastline of unrivaled beauty. And that’s just California!
My exchange was life altering. There were unbelievable highs – memories burnt into my brain forever. My schooling was a blast. So many friends, the cafeteria, the nickname inevitably was given – “Hey Australia!” I loved my host family and we still keep in touch, because we went through/experienced so much together. It was a journey of self-discovery.
Johnathan Porthill – Year program to the USA
|Short Programs||Long Programs||Language Criteria||Immunisation||Gap Year||Online Video||Scholarships||Discounts|
|Short Programs||Long Programs✔||Language Criteria||Immunisation✔||Gap Year||Online Video✔||Scholarships✔||Discounts✔|
Next available departures for USA
|Length||Departure||Fee||Application deadline||Early Bird deadline||Scholarship deadline|
|Length5 months||DepartureAug 2018||FeeAU $9950||Application deadline30/03/2018||Early Bird deadline31/10/2017||Scholarship deadline31/10/2017|
|Length10 months||DepartureAug 2018||FeeAU $10950||Application deadline30/03/2018||Early Bird deadline31/10/2017||Scholarship deadline31/10/2017|
|Length5 months||DepartureJan 2019||FeeAU $9950||Application deadline30/09/2018||Early Bird deadline31/03/2018||Scholarship deadline31/03/2018|
|Length10 months||DepartureJan 2019||FeeAU $10950||Application deadline30/09/2018||Early Bird deadline31/03/2018||Scholarship deadline31/03/2018|
It's not too late to apply for a Scholarship or Early Bird Discount and save $$ off the price of your exchange
If you are planning to go on exchange between April - September 2018 and want to reduce the price of your program, then don't leave it until the last minute! Our next deadline for Scholarship and Early Bird Discount applications is Tuesday 31st October 2017.
If you haven't completed your application form yet you can Apply Online now!
Just fill out the online form and pay your $500 deposit by 31st October. You then have until close of business on Tuesday 14th November to get your full application in to our office. It's that simple and it will save you heaps. If you are applying online, your Scholarship entry must be submitted by the Tuesday 31st October deadline, but you have until Tuesday 14th November to send in your completed application form.
Please note that
- We can NOT offer 2 or 3 month programs to the USA due to visa restrictions. 2 & 3 month programs are available to Canada and other destinations. Click here to view the list of destinations.
- Students are eligible to go to the USA if they have NOT completed more than 11 years of primary and secondary study, exclusive of kindergarten.
- Students must be at least 15 years of age, but not more than 18 years and six months when their program starts.
- Students applying for the USA need to have school grades that are consistently above average.
- Any student who is currently in their final year of high school cannot apply for a January departure the following year. The USA does not accept recent graduates or GAP Year applicants.
- There is a separate application form for the USA that can be accessed form our Downloads page.