The midnight sun, the snowbound winters, meatballs, herring, Vikings and Volvos, ABBA and the Hives - whatever your pre-existing notions about Sweden may be, a visit to this multifaceted country is bound to both confirm and confound them. Though you’re unlikely to be greeted at the shore by throngs of mead-swilling berserkers in longships, evidence of the Vikings and their pillaging days is easy to find.
Going on Student exchange has introduced me to people from all over the world. In the five months I have been here I have made some good friends whom I feel I will remain in-contact with long after my exchange program finishes. It has also opened my eyes to the possibilities of different career paths and occupations overseas rather than what is just offered in my own country.
Charles Drinan – Year program to Sweden
|Short Programs||Long Programs||Language Criteria||Immunisation||Gap Year||Online Video||Scholarships||Discounts|
|Short Programs✔||Long Programs✔||Language Criteria||Immunisation||Gap Year✔||Online Video✔||Scholarships✔||Discounts✔|
Next available departures for Sweden
|Length||Departure||Fee||Application deadline||Early Bird deadline||Scholarship deadline|
|Length5 months||DepartureJan 2018||FeeAU $9300||Application deadline25/09/2017||Early Bird deadline31/03/2017||Scholarship deadline31/03/2017|
|Length10 months||DepartureJan 2018||FeeAU $10300||Application deadline25/09/2017||Early Bird deadline31/03/2017||Scholarship deadline31/03/2017|
|Length5 months||DepartureAug 2018||FeeAU $9300||Application deadline15/03/2018||Early Bird deadline31/10/2017||Scholarship deadline31/10/2017|
|Length10 months||DepartureAug 2018||FeeAU $10300||Application deadline15/03/2018||Early Bird deadline31/10/2017||Scholarship deadline31/10/2017|
|Length3 months||DepartureEarly Nov 2018||FeeAU $7800||Application deadline15/07/2018||Early Bird deadline31/03/2018|
|Length2 months||DepartureEarly Dec 2018||FeeAU $7300||Application deadline01/08/2018||Early Bird deadline31/03/2018|
|Length5 months||DepartureJan 2019||FeeAU $9300||Application deadline01/08/2018||Early Bird deadline31/03/2018||Scholarship deadline31/03/2018|
|Length10 months||DepartureJan 2019||FeeAU $10300||Application deadline01/08/2018||Early Bird deadline31/03/2018||Scholarship deadline31/03/2018|
If you are planning to go on exchange between April - September 2018 and want to reduce the price of your program, then don't leave it until the last minute! Our next deadline for Scholarship and Early Bird Discount applications is Tuesday 31st October 2017.
Please note that
- Students applying for Sweden must be at least 16 years of age, in the year of their arrival.
- Optional Program Extras are available at additional cost. These include a soft landing camp and extra sightseeing trips. Please contact our office for further information.
- There is a separate application form for Sweden that can be accessed form our Downloads page.
To be eligible for an exchange to Sweden you must be aged as detailed below.
- For August arrival: students must be 16-18 years old in the calendar year of commencement and if they turn 19 on the calendar year of arrival they are too old for our program.
- For January arrival: students must be 17-19 years old in the calendar year of commencement and if they turn 20 on the calendar year of arrival they are too old.