Our Customer Service Commitment
Our aim is to provide students and parents with a high quality of service, care and support both before and during the exchange experience to minimise the stress and maximise the rewards.
We will guarantee your country of choice
- You can expect to be accepted for your country of choice provided you meet our normal eligibility criteria and there are places available. If, for example, you are interested in going to Japan we will not try and convince you that Argentina would be a better choice (or vice versa). >
We will provide you with friendly and helpful advice at every stage of the process
- You can expect to receive friendly and helpful advice at all times.
- We are open and honest about the challenges of being an exchange student. We want students and parents to be well informed before making a commitment.
- All applicants are assigned a particular staff member who will look after you from the time you apply until you return home. All our staff have either been exchange students themselves, have lived overseas, hosted a student, speak other languages or have travelled extensively. They enjoy their work and want to help.
- We’ve learnt that what people want is information. Our staff communicate regularly with everyone involved to ensure you have the information you need. If your staff member is out of the office when you call, then another staff member will be on hand to assist. >
We will support students, families and volunteers throughout the experience
- You can expect us to provide a high level of support throughout the experience.
- All students are allocated a Local Coordinator who is there to assist and support whilst they are on exchange.
- We are in daily communication with our overseas partners and we commit to keeping parents fully informed of any issues or concerns that arise whilst a student is on exchange.
- We will be open and honest with students and parents and we expect the same in return.
- We provide all applicants with personalised online resources that are available before, during and after the exchange.
- We provide departure and arrival orientations for our outbound and inbound students.
- If a student encounters a problem, we work with everyone involved to resolve the issue in an open and transparent manner. >
We will deal promptly and fairly with issues and concerns
- You can expect a prompt, courteous and professional response to any question or concern.
- Our offices are open between 9:00am and 4:00pm (Sydney time) Monday to Friday and we can be reached on 1300 135 331 (Australia) or 0800-440079 (New Zealand).
- We provide a 24/7 emergency phone service in the event of a genuine emergency affecting the health or wellbeing of a student. Students and parents are provided with this number prior to departure.
- During the working week we will respond to your emails within 24 hours of receipt, often much sooner.
- We will actively assist you in resolving any concerns or complaints you may have. We encourage you to be in touch with our National Director, James Crimp, if we don’t meet your expectations. Call 1300 135 331 (Australia) or 0800-440079 (New Zealand). >
We will be open and equitable in all our dealings
- You can expect to receive clear and even handed information and advice at all times.
- We clearly explain what is and isn’t included in your program fee so there are no surprises. We tell you where your money goes.
- Our Prices, Terms & Conditions, Cancellation & Refund Policy, Price Guarantee and Rules are all published on our website and in other written materials. >
We will respect your privacy and confidentiality
- You can expect your personal information to at all times be kept in secure operating environments that are not available to the public.
- We will not sell, rent, share, trade or give away any information we hold about you to anyone outside our organisation or our recognised partner organisations.
- We maintain strict privacy and confidentiality policies in line with relevant legislation in Australia and New Zealand. >