2Way Exchange Experience
The 2Way Exchange Experience involves you in a unique exchange program where Australian students are ‘matched’, with a student in France. You spend 3 months with each other’s families and attend school.
Have twice the experience and at a fraction of the usual cost of a 3 month exchange program.
Your family host a carefully matched French exchange student for 3 months from May – August.
Your family hosts your exchange student before you travel for your 2Way Exchange experience. Your matched exchange student will attend your school or a local school and become part of your family. Host families welcome their exchange student into their family life – with all the rights, responsibilities and privileges of other family members.
The second part of the 2WayExchange starts when you travel to France from October to January.
You will attend your exchange partner’s school or a local school and become part of their family. You will be expected to fit in with normal household routines including chores.
Soon, you will be communicating freely and enjoying a boost in your language skills before you sit your school exams. A bonus for your future studies.
You will become immersed in the culture as you attend a local school and enjoy a traditional Christmas. Having already spent time with your host brother or sister means you will already have an established friendship before you arrive.
- Establish close ties with your host brother or sister and each others families.
- Avoid interrupting your schooling. The program will return in time to resume your studies.
- Attend a local school
- Spend your summer holidays in the Northern hemisphere winter. Experience a wintery Christmas, snow (hopefully!) for the New Year, home life and indoor activities with your host family and new friends.
- Gain new skills and confidence. Pushing beyond your comfort zone is a great way to lift your horizons and gain experience. Give yourself a competitive edge in your future career or studies.
- Extend your network of friends. There will be many prospects for future contact and travel, with places to stay and people to visit.
- Being an exchange student can be one of the most exciting & rewarding experiences of your life. Hosting an overseas student will not just enhance your knowledge of the world, but allow your whole family to enjoy the 2WayExperience.
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- still at school when you apply
- in good physical and mental health
- maintaining the equivalent or better than a C grade average since Year 9 (Australia).
- mature and open-minded
- flexible, adaptable, responsible and ready to learn
- between 15 and 18 years old when you start your exchange program (exceptions may be made for 14 and 19 year olds)
- an Australian resident
2Way Exchange Program Information
Matching & Acceptance
Matching or ‘pairing’ of students is carried out by experienced staff taking in to account:
- sporting and cultural interests,
- family background,
- age & gender,
- academic interests.
The aim is to achieve a match, as close as reasonably possible, from within the pool of available student applications.
Please note there is no guarantee of acceptance because we are dependent on finding a suitable ‘pairing’ from amongst student applicants overseas. If we are unable to match you with a suitable exchange partner overseas, you can switch to a Classic Short Program in France.
If you are not ready to go on your own exchange program but would like to welcome an overseas student into your home, please see our Host a Student page.
France : Host families have the right to refuse if a student is not fully vaccinated for COVID.
France: AU $5,900
- Return economy airfare with recognised airlines from your nearest capital city
- Travel to and from your host family at the beginning and end of the program
- Comprehensive medical, baggage, trip cancellation insurance & public liability.
- Application process and selection interview
- Host family screening and selection
- Enrolment at your host school
- Pre-departure orientation and materials
- Assistance with airport check-in at the major hubs (if requested)
- Arrival orientation and materials
- 24 hour emergency assistance
- Professional support throughout your time away as necessary and required
- Welcome home pack
The application deadlines for our 2WayExchange programs to France: January 15, 2024
If you are considering applying for our 2WayExchange programs, please note that we have limited places available.
“We could not have asked for a better match in our two-way exchange program – thank you! Eugenie is an inspiring, enthusiastic, caring person who embraced every opportunity and very quickly became a member of our family and a sister to our three daughters. We also now have an extended family in France, especially since our daughter Elly has come home from her 3 month return exchange with Eugenie’s family. Eugenie even adopted AFL, was selected in the school team for the interschool competition and won the Coaches award!
Still considering where to go on exchange?
Please click and scroll across to see more destinations
Enjoy your exchange experience at an excellent high school in warm, welcoming and diverse Canada, the most multicultural country on earth! Extraordinary nature, vibrant cities and respected academic achievements for your future!Learn more
Your high school exchange will show you why France is the world’s top tourist destination: rich historical sites, stunning nature, fantastic food and a vigorous debating tradition in a world language spoken by almost 100 million people!Learn more
Being a high school exchange student in the USA is like embarking on an adventure filled with new friendships, diverse cultures, and a world of educational opportunities. It’s a an experience that broadens horizons and creates lasting memories.Learn more
Argentina is well-known for its natural scenery, modern cities and fashion but also for tradition and hospitality. It is an ideal destination for exchange.Learn more
Denmark is one of the happiest nations on earth with some of the best quality of life. Enjoy the hospitality along with an outstanding education system.Learn more
There’s something pure in the Finnish air and spirit that’s incredibly vital and exciting; with the trendsetting modern capital of Helsinki counterbalanced by vast forested wildernesses in the north and east. Try something different on exchange on Finland.Learn more
Your high school exchange in Europe’s economic powerhouse is a great opportunity to invest in your future while discovering rich German language and culture, an open, welcoming society and many stimulating experiences!Learn more
The Emerald Isle welcomes you in English and in Gaelic, to great schools, warm families, dynamic cities and close-knit small towns. Ireland has become a hotbed of innovation but remains rooted in rich traditions you will love!Learn more
Spend your high school exchange in astonishing Italy, from beautiful medieval towns to mountains and seashore; discover capital cities of design; enjoy fabulous farm-to-table food, and learn the world’s most romantic language!Learn more
Who hasn’t heard of Amsterdam, the capital of culture, coffee houses and canals? Its mesmerising beauty is hard to overestimate, and yet a surfeit of stunning metropoles are only hours, or even minutes, away by train.Learn more
Beautiful, unique New Zealand is a remote destination with amazing natural beauty – you’re never more than an hour away from desert, rain forest or ocean coastline – plus great tutoring and friendly locals.Learn more
Norway is, by any standards, one of the most beautiful countries on earth – discover Norwegian traditions and culture on exchange in NorwayLearn more
Open doors by studying a great world language in a country with mountains, ocean and medieval villages all within reach, and a laid-back culture where you can learn and enjoy at the same time!Learn more
Sweden’s progressive society also provides an ideal climate for innovation and economic advancement. Your high school exchange here will also reveal why the country is consistently among the world’s happiest!Learn more
Some of the world’s best schools are in the UK. Combine rich culture and history, beautiful countryside, enthusiastic sports clubs and exciting excursions during your exchange in the UK.Learn more
Please follow our socials
Ready to apply?
Book a chat with our team
"*" indicates required fields
LIVE Online Info Sessions
Please register here to learn more about Student ExchangeLearn more
Interested in hosting?
You can get involved by hosting an exchange studentLearn more
Classic High School Programs
Traditional exchange programs in all destinationsLearn more
High School Choice Programs
Tailor your high school exchange in the USA or CanadaLearn more