Digital Video Scholarship - Terms & Conditions
Scholarships are available for year and semester applicants only. Short program applicants are not eligible for a scholarship.
To be eligible to submit a video entry you must:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand resident
- Be enrolled in an Australian or New Zealand secondary school.
- Be between 14 and 18 at the date of entry
To be eligible to enter you must complete and submit the digital video scholarship submission form via our web site.
- Video entries must be submitted to our website by the scholarship and early bird deadlines indicated on the Discounts and Scholarships page of our website.
- The winner/s will be notified and announced within 1 month of submission closure.
- A panel of judges will be created with representatives from Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd and the digital media industry.. The winning video will be decided by Student Exchange Australia New Zealand staff.
- Entries will be assessed on their creative use of the media, storytelling skills and content.
- The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Note: Participation on a Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd exchange program is subject to meeting normal eligibility criteria, acceptance by our overseas partner and the granting of a visa. Applicants should refer to the detailed requirements outlined in our program information.
Applicants must accompany their completed application form with a video that tells ‘My story and why I want to go on exchange”. Your entry does not need to be a highly polished video but you should try to use the medium creatively to convey who you are and why an exchange is important to your personal development and future plans. There are a number of smart phone apps such as Adobe Premiere Clip for Android devices or Adobe Premiere Clip for Apple devices which is free or you may wish to purchase iMovie for Apple devices that can be used to edit your video or you can use a computer based editing software. You can also find useful advice online about filming and video.
- All video entries must be the original work of the student submitting the video.
- All video entries become the property of Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd and may be used for commercial and promotional purposes. By entering, you grant Student Exchange Australia New Zealand permission to publish the video and/or quotes electronically or in print media.
- Only one (1) video can be submitted per person, per scholarship round.
- Entries must comply with reasonable standards of decency and may be posted on our website.
- Employees of Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd or members of their immediate families, are not eligible to submit video entries.