Austria has few peers as a year-round holiday destination, with plenty of winter sports in the Alps, some of the most impressive and overblown architecture in Europe and an unrivalled musical tradition that The Sound of Music couldn't sully. Flaunting its heritage in exuberant fashion. Vienna’s bombastic Habsburg palaces and Salzburg’s baroque splendour are worthy, but dig deeper and you’ll unearth Stone Age settlements, Roman archaeological sites at Carnuntum and medieval festivals
This was the most amazing year of my life ! I can’t imagine my life without it. I had the opportunity to do things I had never even considered at home in Australia and to meet some of the most wonderful people I will ever meet. It can also be hard and humbling and frustrating, but you learn so much through the tough patches. I wouldn’t change a thing.
Bronwyn Scarr – Year program to Austria
|Short Programs||Long Programs||Language Criteria||Immunisation||Gap Year||Online Video||Scholarships||Discounts|
|Short Programs✔||Long Programs✔||Language Criteria✔||Immunisation✔||Gap Year✔||Online Video||Scholarships✔||Discounts✔|
Next available departures for Austria
|Length||Departure||Fee||Application deadline||Early Bird deadline||Scholarship deadline|
|Length2 months||DepartureNov 2022||FeeAU $9650||Application deadline09/06/2022||Early Bird deadline31/03/2022|
|Length3 months||DepartureNov 2022||FeeAU $10950||Application deadline09/06/2022||Early Bird deadline31/03/2022|
|LengthSemester||DepartureFeb 2023||FeeAU $12950||Application deadline11/07/2022||Early Bird deadline31/03/2022||Scholarship deadline31/03/2022|
|LengthAcademic Year||DepartureFeb 2023||FeeAU $14900||Application deadline11/07/2022||Early Bird deadline31/03/2022||Scholarship deadline31/03/2022|
Important Program Information
Please note that
- Students can be accepted on a 5 or 10 month program each year if an EU passport is held.
- Non-EU passport holders can only enrol on a 3 month due to visa restrictions.
- 5-10 month programs to Austria require at least 1 year of German language study and students will complete a questionnaire to gauge their language skills.
- There are no official language requirements for all 2-3 month programs to Austria, although applicants are recommended to also have 1 year of German language studies to optimise the enjoyment of their exchange. If a applicant has not been studying German for 1 year then the student will need to understand and agree to the challenges they will experience on their program.
Apply Risk Free!
If you choose to enrol on one of our outbound programs but you cannot travel due to DFAT travel bans and the borders being closed, then you will only forfeit your $150 deposit. Plus you will receive the money refunded within 90 days. If you decide to cancel due to other reasons then the normal cancellation terms and conditions apply.
Age and Eligibility
To be eligible for an exchange to Austria you must be between the ages of 15 and 18 and be enrolled at school when applying. Gap year students are eligible and need to depart no more than 3 months after completing their final year. Austria requires students to have studied 1 year of German.
You will travel on a student visa and will need to lodge your application in person at the Austrian Consulate serving your area. We will help you prepare your application.
Find out more - Attend one of our Info Sessions
If you would like to find out more information on our programs, please attend one of our free LIVE Online sessions.
- Meet our staff
- Hear comprehensive information on all aspects of exchange
- Ask questions
- Listen to questions asked by other students and parents
- Meet other students who are considering going on exchange
Information evenings run for about an hour. They are friendly and free and are the best way for us to address your specific questions in person.