Why Choose Us
Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd is incorporated in Australia as a not-for-profit company and is registered with the New Zealand Companies office. We are registered as a secondary exchange organisation with Departments of Education around Australia and with the Ministry of Education in New Zealand. Long established relationships with our international partners ensure the highest standards of care and support to participants. We maintain a network of volunteer community coordinators who work in support of students and families during the exchange experience.
Our aim is to offer the unique experience of living, studying and working in another culture and to enable young people to develop the skills and awareness that will enhance their future potential. Experience is everythingTM.
The values fostered and supported in our organisation include:
- Keeping children safe – we commit to developing a culture of child safety throughout all levels of the organisation
- Openness and Honesty – we strive to be open and honest at all times
- Innovation and Creativity – we encourage innovation and creativity in the workplace
- Responsiveness – we commit to being responsive to our customers and to one another
- Listening – we strive to actively listen to our clients and one another
- Problem Solving – we work to actively resolve problems when and where they arise
- Ownership & Responsibility - we take ownership and responsibility at all times
- Teamwork – we commit to working as a team and valuing the role of others
- Respect – we aim to show due respect to our customers and to one another
- Communication – we aim to communicate clearly and openly with our clients and with one another
- Humour – we encourage a sense of humour in the workplace
Child Safety & Quality Management Policy
Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd places the safety and well being of our exchange students as its highest priority. We maintain and continually improve a Quality Management System that complies with the requirements of the International Standard ISO 9001. Our objectives are to:
- deliver a safe, secure and enjoyable experience to student participants
- consistently and efficiently deliver services that comply with confirmed specifications and relevant Child Safety Standards.
The Key Standards underpinning our Child Safety & Quality Management Policy are:
- an organisational culture that promotes child safety at all levels including through effective leadership arrangements
- screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
- an open, supportive and professional work environment
Policies and Procedures
- policies and procedures that provide clear direction to staff & volunteers in the conduct of their work
- a code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
- clear processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse
- resolve student, parent, and partner queries promptly, professionally and in a friendly manner
- continually engage all stakeholders in meaningful consultation and communication
- give our students, parents and partners the utmost confidence in our services and ability to meet their needs.
Compliance Systems & Program Evaluation
- meeting all statutory and regulatory requirements and agreed customer requirements
- the continual development of compliance systems that enable staff to easily monitor the compliance status of all aspects of our programs
- the continual development of program evaluation systems that provide data that can be used for quality improvement purposes.
Partners & Suppliers
- working only with partners and suppliers who share our commitment to child safety and quality
- establishing working practices that are open, honest and professional
- Our Child Safety & Quality Management Policy is applicable to directors, employees, volunteers and partners and to any person or organisation that represents us, as well as all suppliers in the conduct of their activities for and on our behalf. This policy expresses the ongoing commitment by SEANZ’s management and staff to understand, regularly review and continually implement these actions.
Students can choose between programs from 2 - 12 months duration to over 25 destinations. We offer a wide range of scholarships and discounts to enable students to participate who might not otherwise get the chance.
All of our staff have either been exchange students themselves, have lived overseas, hosted a student, speak other languages or have travelled extensively. They understand the challenges faced by students, families and volunteers. This experience assures you of the very highest levels of service and support.
Our Community Coordinator network extends across Australia and New Zealand. They conduct student interviews, participate in information sessions and supervise the experience of our inbound students and host families. Training is conducted throughout the year in a variety of venues to ensure that our network is up-to-date and well informed.
Our Service Commitment
- We will guarantee your country of choice
- We will provide you with friendly and helpful advice at every stage of the process
- We will support students, families and volunteers throughout the experience
- We will deal promptly and fairly with issues and concerns
- We will be open and equitable in all our dealings
- We will respect your privacy and confidentiality >
To read our customer service commitment in full please click here.